Bed Bugs – Why Are They Back?
Increased world travel – genetic evidence collected has shown that bed bugs infecting households in the U.S. and Canada in the last decade were not domestic, but imports from countries still using DDT like chemicals. In other words bed bugs are hitching rides on airplanes and ships to get here!
Resistance to chemicals – 90% of bed bugs sampled from 66 populations collected from 21 U.S. states were resistant to Pyrethroids, the most widely used group of chemicals to treat unwanted insects and flies. The BedBug Chasers bed bug heat treatment is 100% Chemical Free and Safe for your Family!
Inbreeding – a study showed the genes of bed bugs infesting three multistory apartment buildings in NC and NJ had very low genetic diversity, meaning they were very close relatives. So close in fact that researchers suspect it may have taken just one or two founder insects to start the infestation in each building. A single mated female bed bug starts the infestation and gives rise to offspring and those offspring mate with each other and with their mother.
A self-inspection for bed bugs at home is actually fairly easy, however it is highly beneficial to have a professional conduct the inspection as they might catch things you won’t. Also, it will allow a proper plan for treatment to be developed on the spot and an accurate quote to be given.
The following tips should be followed before you start searching for the bed bugs.
- Wear medical gloves and grab a flashlight to start the searching process.
- Start by examining the bed sheet and then move to the mattresses by using the flashlight.
- Use credit card along with a flashlight to detect any hiding bed bugs in the mattresses.
- At last examine the underside of the bed frame carefully. Make sure you identify the bed bug, for this, you can get help from the internet and check pictures of bed bugs.
- Similarly, you can search other furniture by using these methods.